Equality for all
We want to be recognised as an organisation that offers equal opportunities, and welcomes and values diversity. We won’t tolerate discrimination, harassment and victimisation of any kind, and we treat people with dignity and respect.
Our Equality Framework
Our Equality Framework sets out our commitment to equality and diversity and how we ensure it is consistently applied. This applies to everyone that we come into contact with.
We will meet the requirements relating to equality and diversity in the Equality Act 2010.
We will also meet the requirements of the Regulatory Framework, published by our regulator, the Homes and Communities Agency. Equality and diversity applies across all Standards mentioned, particularly the Tenant Involvement and Empowerment Standard.
At Greenfields, equality and diversity are part of everything we do, and are reflected in the themes in our From Good to Great Plan 2015–20 and our Strategy documents. We make equality and diversity training available to staff, Board members and volunteers. A person found to have breached this framework may be subject to disciplinary action under our Disciplinary Procedure.
Here is our commitment to equality and diversity for each of our themes: Home, Service, People and Community.
We will manage our assets while taking current and future housing needs into consideration. This means:
- Ensuring our assets best meet the needs of our customers
- Considering local needs when planning future housing provision
We will adapt access to our services to meet your needs. This means:
- Publishing clear and accessible documents, which consider equality and diversity
- Providing choices that are appropriate to the diverse needs of all
- Using monitoring data to make sure that services are not discriminating and meet the needs of our people
We will give everyone the same opportunities, providing extra support for those who need it. This means:
- Understanding the different needs of our people, including their protected characteristics and people with additional support needs
- Providing opportunities for all people to have their say on decisions that affect them
- Removing barriers to employment, and ensuring equality of opportunity to develop potential and progress within Greenfields
We will work with our communities to provide a safe environment which fosters good relations. This means:
- Having a zero-tolerance approach to anti-social behaviour and hate crime
- Promoting communities that are united and value diversity
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage or civil partnership
- Pregnancy or maternity
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation
- Any other reason
Information in other formats
We can provide information in large print, Braille or audio format, and offer interpreting and translation assistance to help you access our services if English is not your first language.
If you would like information in another format, please contact our Customer Services Centre.
Click on the links below to download helpful information relating to equality and Greenfields:
What is a Community Gateway Association?
We give our residents the chance to be actively involved with Greenfields and have a say on how things are done. We provide additional opportunities and resources to our residents, beyond the development and maintenance of their homes. Click the button below to learn more.