We all want to feel comfortable in our own home. Our handyperson service helps you carry out small tasks that can really make a difference to your quality of life.
How our handyperson service can help
- Fitting/re-fitting curtain rails, blinds or shelves
- Fixing bolts and chains to gates and doors
- Minor fixing jobs (e.g. fitting door numbers)
- Picture or mirror hanging
- Replacing individual washing lines (not communal)
- Fitting door bells (battery-operated) and key safes
- Connecting washing machines to existing connection points
- Putting small flat pack furniture together
- Fixing/taping down loose carpets.
The handyperson service is not available for the following work:
- Gardening (we can clear paths and access ways for tenant who are eligible)
- General or emergency repairs
- Electrical work
- Removal of aerials
- Working at height
- Installation of new plumbing services
- Painting and decorating walls and
- Ceilings (although we may be able to do patchwork painting).
Who is eligible for the handyperson service?
Eligibility is dependent on the type of work required, your individual needs and other help that may be available to you. Any tenant with arrears, outstanding debt, or any other tenancy breach will not be eligible for the service.
How much does it cost?
Please contact us to discuss your eligibility, our availability and cost. Payment is required before we carry out the work.
The service is limited to a maximum of two hours, per home, per year.
Click below to download helpful information about handyperson services:
There are currently no supporting documents
What is a Community Gateway Association?
We give our residents the chance to be actively involved with Greenfields and have a say on how things are done. We provide additional opportunities and resources to our residents, beyond the development and maintenance of their homes. Click the button below to learn more.