Greenfields Community Housing is a community-centred housing association with around 8,800 homes in East Anglia.
Building Communities Together
Greenfields Community Housing is a Registered Provider that owns nearly 9,000 homes in Essex and south Suffolk.
We are one of only four Community Gateway Associations in the country, meaning that our residents are empowered to make key decisions about their homes and housing service, if they choose to.
Formed in 2007 following a Braintree District Council stock transfer, we have grown to develop homes in districts including Colchester, Chelmsford, Babergh and Uttlesford.
Please watch our short video, explaining the story of Greenfields Community Housing so far and our ambitious vision for the future.
Being a Community Gateway Association
Members of our communities provide their invaluable perspective and insight at all levels of the business, including the Board.
All tenants and leaseholders have the right to be a shareholder and commit the time they can spare to become involved in Greenfields in a way that suits them.
Being a Community Gateway Association means:
Creating an environment where residents can get involved
- As a Community Gateway Association, our residents can actively contribute to the organisation and their community.
- We empower our residents and give them opportunities to influence strategy, policy and service.
- We support our residents, helping them to gain skills, knowledge and experience which will contribute to capacity building for both individuals and communities.
We’re more than just a landlord
- We provide resources for our residents and work with others to help improve life chances through employment, education, health, care and support.
- We have a partnership fund with Braintree District Council that provides grants to local groups and organisations.
It’s about being part of a co-operative partnership
- We have an open, trust based, collective approach to improving communities.
- We work in a collaborative way with all our residents, staff, board members, service providers, other local stakeholders and the voluntary sector.
Greenfields Community Housing Limited is a charitable housing association.
Our purpose and values
In 2019, Greenfields launched its ambitious Building Communities Together strategy. This pledges nearly 1,800 new homes, a £73 million investment in improving current homes and co-creation of new services with communities.
Our purpose and values empower our people to deliver our strategic objectives:
“Provide homes, empower and invest in people and communities.”
Proactively finding solutions and being accountable
Work together, communicate & trust
Each other, our customers and our communities
Honest, open & transparent
Our strategic objectives
Click on the Building Communities Together link in the supporting documents section on the right to learn more.
We are a member of PlaceShapers, a national group of more than 100 community-based housing associations. As a group we put residents first and provide more than just landlord services. Find out more about Placeshapers by clicking on this link: www.placeshapers.org
Modern Slavery Act
Greenfields is committed to doing what we can to combat slavery and prevent human trafficking from entering into our business and supply chain. Click on the Modern Slavery Act link in the supporting documents section on the right to learn more.
Click on the links below to download helpful information about Greenfields:
Contact the Greenfields team on the information below:
Connect with us
Call us on 01376 535400 or visit our social media pages by clicking on the buttons below.
What is a Community Gateway Association?
We give our residents the chance to be actively involved with Greenfields and have a say on how things are done. We provide additional opportunities and resources to our residents, beyond the development and maintenance of their homes. Click the button below to learn more.