Gender pay gap
This page explains what the gender pay gap is, why we have one and what we are doing to reduce it.
Gender pay gap
This year, our gender pay gap is below the UK average gender pay gap of 8.9% (source: Office for National Statistics) for the first time since reporting, which demonstrates that actions being taken are effective.
Since the gender pay gap legislation was introduced in April 2017, our gender pay gap has decreased each year and we are committed to reducing it further.
Our salary bandings are built around paying the market median. Analysis shows that in 2019/20, the number of females has increased in both the upper quartile and the upper middle quartile, although overall for this reporting period we continue to have fewer females in higher paid senior roles.
When we looked at the proportion of males and females in each quartile pay band, the data showed that the quartile representing the lowest paid employees contained the largest proportion of females. In the upper quartiles the reverse is true, although this gap is continuing to narrow.
Greenfields’ pay gap is due to females being underrepresented at more senior levels at the time of reporting, or in specific role groups (e.g. Repairs & Maintenance).
Beyond gender, we are committed to ensuring we are an inclusive and diverse employer.
How we’re closing our gender pay gap
We continue to be committed to reducing the gender pay gap and further improve equality:
• We ensure development opportunities are identified and available for women and all under-represented groups
• We monitor talent development opportunities and activities to ensure women are represented accordingly
• We actively monitor recruitment at all levels, particularly senior levels
• We advertise and offer all jobs as having flexible working options, such as part-time work and remote working
• Senior leaders role model working flexibly and champion flexible working; we encourage men to work flexibly, so that it isn’t seen as a female-only benefit.
Please see the infographic below or read the report by clicking on the link in the Supporting Documents box.
Click on the link below to read about our Gender Pay Gap:
Contact the Greenfields team on the information below:
Connect with us
Call us on 01376 535400 or visit our social media pages by clicking on the buttons below.
What is a Community Gateway Association?
We give our residents the chance to be actively involved with Greenfields and have a say on how things are done. We provide additional opportunities and resources to our residents, beyond the development and maintenance of their homes. Click the button below to learn more.