Following the terrible tragedy at Grenfell Tower this month, Chief Executive, Phil Adams, is writing to all tenants and leaseholders to provide information and reassurance. A summary of the information we are providing is below:
- Greenfields manages no high rise towers, but are responsible for 305 two and three storey blocks of flats, including 17 Houses for Older Persons’ schemes.
- We have carried out fire risk assessments at all blocks required to have them, and there are no fire risk actions outstanding.
- We are fully compliant with all safety regulation in all properties. We will continue to scrutinise fire safety procedures and compliance and will urgently address any areas of concern.
- Some upgraded homes contain some fire-retardant cement-based cladding, which has not been highlighted as a risk and poses no increase in fire risk.
- Essex County Fire & Rescue Service is scheduled to visit Greenfields’ blocks of flats towards the end of the summer to inspect them and provide general awareness.
Click on this link to read the letter: