Membership is the easiest way for tenants and leaseholders to influence important decisions about your homes and services – helping you to have a stake in your community.
What types of membership are there?
There are two types of membership: Gold members and Silver members.
All tenants who hold a full Assured Tenancy Agreement, all leaseholders and all shared owners may apply to become a Gold member. Silver membership is a broader group and is intended to enable anybody with an interest in Eastlight to become involved, whether or not they are a tenant or leaseholder.
Gold members can vote at Eastlight meetings and stand for places on our Community Gateway Group or the Greenfields Residents Group. Both Gold and Silver members could also benefit from promotions and discounts from local companies
Examples of membership benefits include:
- TREE, a furniture and electrical recycling scheme offers a 20% discount and a £10 delivery fee (£155 for deliveries above ground floor. Visit www.tree1.org.uk to find out more and arrange delivery as there is no longer a store in Braintree. This benefit only applies to Eastlight tenants and leaseholders and delivery must be to the tenant’s registered address to gain the discount.
- 10% off flooring at Edward Walker Carpets in Braintree
- £3 membership fee wavered with Holdfast Credit Union, the local community-based financial organisation, which allows flexible savings and low-cost loans
- 10% off MOT at Ford Dovercourt Service Department
- 10% off tyres, exhausts and van rentals at Halstead Tyre and Exhaust Centre
- One free use of our Handyperson Service on sign-up (for up to 1 hour)
- 15% discount off your total bill at Spice Zone Indian Takeaway in Halstead (collection orders only)
- Three hours for the price of two with Karen Bailey Driving School
- Up to 20% off legal services provided by Birkett Long
- Chapmans Auto offers 10% to all new customers
- 10% on all items purchased at Witham Mobility. Free delivery within 5 miles on purchases over £20
- 25% off all training packages at kOptimal Health, a private health & fitness studio in Braintree.
We are currently looking for new benefits for our members.
If you are a local business and would like to support our residents by offering a discount to your service, please get in touch using the contact details on the right-hand side.
Apply for membership
You can apply for membership by filling out the form on this page: Become a Member of Eastlight
There are currently no supporting document for Greenfields membership.
Contact the Greenfields team on the information below:
Connect with us
Call us on 01376 535400 or visit our social media pages by clicking on the buttons below.
What is a Community Gateway Association?
We give our residents the chance to be actively involved with Greenfields and have a say on how things are done. We provide additional opportunities and resources to our residents, beyond the development and maintenance of their homes. Click the button below to learn more.