Greenfields Community Housing has been shortlisted as Outstanding Landlord of the Year in the UK Housing Awards
The UK Housing Awards are led by the Chartered Institute of Housing and are widely recognised as the leading awards in the housing sector.
Shortlisted organisations must have ‘stepped up to have a truly exceptional year’ and have the ‘wow factor’.
Highlights for Greenfields in 2016 include:
- A record-breaking 93% satisfaction rate amongst its residents
- Securing an additional £65m to build 850 homes for rent, shared ownership and sale by 2021
- Helping nearly 600 pupils from seven local schools to learn about the consequences of crime through their ‘Think Safe, Be Safe’ workshops, held in partnership with Essex Police
- Continuing to raise awareness of domestic abuse and where to get help and support. 66 residents have now reported domestic abuse, 29 have had their homes fitted with extra security measures and nine have received help in moving home
- Grants totalling £50,000 being given to local projects and organisations
- Giving residents the opportunity to improve their health and wellbeing through a range of initiatives, including leading or participating in chair-based exercise classes, and attending courses to manage chronic health conditions.
Phil Adams, Greenfields’ Chief Executive, feels immensely proud of this accolade: “We’ve spent our first 10 years striving to provide extraordinary customer service and, ultimately, improve lives. We don’t always get it right, but we work together with our residents and community to continually develop and improve. Thank you so much to our staff, residents, Board and partners for helping us to be recognised nationally as an outstanding landlord.”
The results will be announced at the awards ceremony in London on Wednesday 26 April 2017