Benefits support

Benefits advice

We offer a free benefits advice service to all our tenants, leaseholders and shared owners.

Understanding the benefits you’re eligible to claim

As part of our benefits advice service we can provide a range of support, from completing an income calculation to check you are claiming all the benefits you are entitled to, to helping you apply for Universal Credit.

If you’re a leaseholder or shared owner and need advice with mortgage interest payments and service charges, we can provide some help and support here too.

If you’d like to speak with an adviser over the phone, email or face to face, please contact us to make an appointment, using the contact details on the left-hand-side of this page.

Changes to your circumstances

If your circumstances change, you need to report this to ensure that you are receiving the correct amount of benefits. If you don’t report changes, you may be overpaid money that you will need to pay back.

Depending on the benefit you receive, report any changes in circumstances to:

Department of Works and Pensions
Visit the website here: Department of Works and Pensions

HM Revenue and Customs
Visit the website here: HM Revenue and Customs
Call: 0345 300 3900

Braintree District Council or your local authority
Further information on Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit.
Visit the website here: Braintree District Council
Call: 01376 552525

For further advice regarding benefits you can also contact:

Citizens Advice Bureau
Free advice on legal, money and other problems. Covers the Braintree district.
Visit the website here: Citizens Advice Bureau
Call: 0870 126 4065
Official Government website, giving advice on:

  • General benefits
  • Employment
  • Disability benefits
  • Pension and retirement planning advice
  • Young people

Visit the website here: GOV.UK

HM Revenue and Customs
Further information on Tax Credit and Child Benefit.
Visit the website here: HM Revenue and Customs
Call: 0345 300 3900

State Pension Calculator
This resource calculates your state pension age or pension credit that you’re entitled to, and how much you may receive in “today’s money” for your basic State pension.
Visit the website here: State Pension Calculator

This resource calculates your benefit and tax credits.
Visit the website here: Turn2Us


Supporting Documents.

There are no supporting documents available.


Contact us

Contact the Greenfields team on the information below:

My Greenfields

Visit My Greenfields

Email us

Text us

07860 024511

Connect with us

Call us on 0330 128 0330 or visit our social media pages by clicking on the buttons below.

What is a Community Gateway Association?

We give our residents the chance to be actively involved with Greenfields and have a say on how things are done. We provide additional opportunities and resources to our residents, beyond the development and maintenance of their homes. Click the button below to learn more.

My Greenfields

If you’re a Greenfields resident, you can pay your rent or report a repair by logging into your online account here. Click below.

My Greenfields

Our customer service team

Our customer service centre is open 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday, for all enquires. Click the button below to get in touch.

Customer service

Latest news

Learn about the latest from Greenfields and what’s happening in your community. Click below to find out about our latest news and events.

Latest news

Living Wage Employer
Make a Stand