We all want to feel comfortable in our own home. Our handyperson service helps carry out small tasks that can really make a difference to your quality of life.
What can our Handyperson do?
The type of work our Handyperson can carry out includes:
- Changing light bulbs (supplied by you)
- Changing light pendants
- Fitting/refitting curtains and nets
- Fitting bolts and chains to gates and doors
- Fitting battery operated door bells and key safes
- Connecting washing machines to existing water supplies
- Picture/mirror hanging
- Putting up shelves
- Putting up blinds (made to measure only)
- Putting small flat pack furniture together
- Turning mattresses
- Moving small items of furniture
- Fitting shower curtains/pole (excluding screens and cubicles)
- Renewing toilet seats (supplied by tenant)
- Connect water butts (supplied by tenant, along with fittings)
If the work you require is not upon this list, please contact us to discuss your options.
As part of our visit we will also carry out a free Repairs MOT check in your home, to see if any minor repairs are required.
The Handyperson service is not available for the following work:
- Gardening (we can clear paths and access ways)
- General or emergency repairs
- Electrical work (other than light bulb changes)
- Removal of aerials
- Working at heights
- Installation of new plumbing services
- Painting and decorating walls and ceilings.
Who is eligible for the service?
Everybody is eligible for the service (including leaseholders), excluding anyone with arrears, outstanding debt, or any other tenancy breach.
How much does it cost?
The cost of the Handyperson Service is £12 an hour. Please contact us to discuss your eligibility, and our availability. Payment is required before we carry out the work and all materials are to be supplied by you.
How often can I use the service?
The amount of times you can use this service is limitless, but each visit will be for £12 an hour.
Click below to view the Handyperson Service leaflet
Contact the Greenfields team on the information below:
Connect with us
Call us on 01376 535400 or visit our social media pages by clicking on the buttons below.
What is a Community Gateway Association?
We give our residents the chance to be actively involved with Greenfields and have a say on how things are done. We provide additional opportunities and resources to our residents, beyond the development and maintenance of their homes. Click the button below to learn more.