There are other services available for residents to give you a little help and support in a range of areas.
There is help available in the following areas:
- Open Bereavement Support Groups – mutual support for all adults over 18-years-old. Click the following link for more information: Farleigh Hospice bereavement support
Blind and partially-sighted support
- Talking News – a free weekly service providing local news for the blind and partially-sighted. Click the following link for more information: Mid Essex Talking News website
- Dementia Action Alliance (DAA) – aims to improve the lives of people living with dementia and their carers. Please click on the following link for more information: Dementia Action Alliance
- Dementia Friends (DF) Programme – the biggest ever initiative to change people’s perception of dementia. Please click on the following link for more information or if you would like to take part in a free one-hour information session: Dementia Friends
- Alzheimers Society – information, support or advice about dementia. Please click on the following link for more information: Alzheimers Society
- The Herbert Protocol is a national scheme adopted by Essex Police and other police services across the county, to help locate people with dementia as quickly as possible when they go missing. To find out more about this scheme please go to the supporting documents section.
Drink and alcohol
- Drugfam – helps to ensure that families affected by a loved one’s use of drugs or alcohol are understood, educated and supported. Click the following link for more information: Drugfam website
- Dyslexia Action. Visit the website here: Dyslexia Action Website
- Thorpe Dyslexia Centre. Visit the website here: Thorpe Dyslexia Centre website
- British Dyslexia Association. Visit the website here: British Dyslexia Association website
- The NHS App provides a simple and secure way to access a range of healthcare services on your smartphone or tablet. Click on the following link for more information: NHS App
Homelessness and housing issues
Shelter – offers personalised housing advice and support if you’re homeless or at risk of being homeless. Click the following link for more information: Shelter
Impartial advice services
- Connect Well – online directory of a wide range of services in Essex. Click the following link for more information: Essex Connects website
- Silver Line – the UK’s only free confidential helpline that provides information, friendship and advice to older people. It’s open 24 hours a day, every day of the year. Please click the following link for more information: Silver Line.
- Talk, Listen, Care – a charity which provides quality counselling and wellbeing services for people who require support for their mental health. Click the following link for more information: Talk, Listen, Care website
- Counselling Directory – a confidential service that encourages those in need to seek help. Click the following link for more information: Counselling Directory website
Older people and carers
- Community Agents Essex – supporting older people and informal carers. Click the following link for more information: Community Agent Essex website
Click on the link below to download helpful information on area’s of additional support we can help with:
Contact the Greenfields team on the information below:
Connect with us
Call us on 01376 535400 or visit our social media pages by clicking on the buttons below.
What is a Community Gateway Association?
We give our residents the chance to be actively involved with Greenfields and have a say on how things are done. We provide additional opportunities and resources to our residents, beyond the development and maintenance of their homes. Click the button below to learn more.