A service charge is a payment made towards the cost of providing and maintaining communal services associated with your home, such as grounds maintenance or door entry system.
What does your service charge cover?
Here is a breakdown of what your service charge covers:
- Communal lighting (where applicable)
- Communal doors (where applicable). Charges cover any repairs or maintenance carried out to the communal door/entry system
- Amenity area (where applicable). Charges cover grass-cutting and maintaining the area
- Communal TV aerial (where applicable). Charges cover the rental and maintenance of the TV aerial
- Management fee. Cost of providing the leasehold service
- Buildings Insurance Premium. This is for buildings insurance only. Please arrange your own contents insurance
- Repairs and other works. Charges cover a contingency payment of £50 (for blocks of flats) and £25 (for maisonettes) to cover any repairs carried out to the communal parts and structure of the building only. Please arrange your own repairs for inside your property. If no repairs are carried out in the financial year, the full amount will be refunded
- Painting/major works (where applicable). Charges cover work carried out to the external part of the building or internal communal areas
- Communal cleaning (where applicable)
- Ground rent. £10 is payable in advance on 1 April each year
Options for paying service charges:
- Direct Debit
- Standing Order
- PayPoint or Post Office
- Credit/Debit card via Allpay. Visit the website here: Allpay website
Service charge arrears
It is important that you pay your service charges so that we can maintain and provide communal services for you. If you don’t, we will have to obtain a County Court Judgement, which could lead to us taking possession of your home.
Click on the links below to download helpful information on service charges:
There are currently no supporting documents
Contact the Greenfields team on the information below:
Connect with us
Call us on 01376 535400 or visit our social media pages by clicking on the buttons below.
What is a Community Gateway Association?
We give our residents the chance to be actively involved with Greenfields and have a say on how things are done. We provide additional opportunities and resources to our residents, beyond the development and maintenance of their homes. Click the button below to learn more.