If you’re intending to rent your property out, please let us know so we can update our records and support you with this process. To find out more about sub-letting, please read the information below.
If you’re looking to sub-let your property
We’d need to know:
- Contact details in case of emergency
- Forwarding address for correspondence to be sent to the Greenfield’s leasehold team
- Copy of the Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement
Some leases require a Deed of Covenant to be entered into by the sub-tenant. There is a fee of £75 plus VAT (£90) for providing this, and payment is required prior to drafting the deed.
We can only deal with you as the leaseholder, not the sub-tenant or letting agent, unless written authority is given from you to deal with a third party.
Things you’ll remain responsible for:
- The payment of Service charges
- The tenant and their actions, including resolving any complaints received
- Installing working smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms in all properties
- Having a Gas Safety Check carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer
- Checking the immigration status of prospective tenants as part of the Government’s Right to Rent Scheme.
Thank you and best of luck.
Click on the links below to download helpful information on sub-letting:
Contact the Greenfields team on the information below:
Connect with us
Call us on 01376 535400 or visit our social media pages by clicking on the buttons below.
What is a Community Gateway Association?
We give our residents the chance to be actively involved with Greenfields and have a say on how things are done. We provide additional opportunities and resources to our residents, beyond the development and maintenance of their homes. Click the button below to learn more.