We want the process of you moving into a new home to be as simple and stress-free as possible. To find out more about the moving home process, please read the information below.
Signing your tenancy
Once you have been offered a property, you will be asked to complete a pre-tenancy interview with one of our neighbourhood and lettings advisors. During the interview you will be given further information about the property and the services we provide. Once your home is ready-to-let (bought up to the required standard), you will be invited into our office to sign your new Tenancy Agreement.
You will be asked to:
- Provide two forms of identification, including a photo
- Provide proof of receiving Child Benefit, if applicable
- Provide one week’s full rent in advance
- Complete a Housing Benefit form, if applicable
- Attend with your partner if the tenancy is in both your names
You will then be given the keys and a copy of your Tenancy Agreement. Your rent card will follow within seven days, and a Welcome Visit from your Neighbourhood Coordinator will be arranged within four weeks of you moving into your new home.
Your new Tenancy Agreement and the information provided in your Tenancy Pack will explain yours and our obligations about the use, repair and maintenance of your home.
Gas and electrical checks
Previous tenants’ fixed gas and electrical appliances will have been removed, and a full gas and electrical inspection will have been carried out.
Moving out of your home
Ending your tenancy with Greenfields is very simple. Please find out how to do it by contacting us. Please note:
- If a tenant goes into a care home, the 4-week notice period will start from the date they become a permanent resident. We will require confirmation in writing from a representative at the home
- We will inspect the property before and after you leave. This is to establish the general condition of the property and identify any works that need doing before you move
Please don’t leave any debt on gas or electric cards, as you may be charged to recover the costs.
We wish you a very happy start in your new home.
Click on the links below to download helpful information on moving home:
Contact the Greenfields team on the information below:
Connect with us
Call us on 01376 535400 or visit our social media pages by clicking on the buttons below.
What is a Community Gateway Association?
We give our residents the chance to be actively involved with Greenfields and have a say on how things are done. We provide additional opportunities and resources to our residents, beyond the development and maintenance of their homes. Click the button below to learn more.
[logoshowcase center_mode=”true” slides_column=”4″]