Repairs that you could be charged for

Repairs that you could be charged for

You are responsible for keeping your home in good repair, good decorative order and clean inside. This means paying for or rectifying damage other than that caused by normal “wear and tear”.

How does it work?

We will discuss any recharges with you before beginning work.

Examples of rechargeable repairs are

  • If you report an electrical repair that our electrician determines was needed as a result of a defective appliance in your home.
  • If you report a drainage problem and the blockage is the result of something that you or any visitors have done. For example, hair in the bath or sink waste; excessive toilet paper, wipes, fat and other materials being flushed or poured down the waste pipe or drain
  • If you are locked out of your home for any reason and need us to help you gain entry
  • If external drainage gullies become blocked (e.g. by leaves and food waste) and need to be cleared
  • Nicotine-stained electrical fittings
  • Damaged floor covering supplied by us
  • Reinstating walls and ceiling finishes to a standard acceptable to us.

We recommend that you allow us to carry out the work, as opposed to other companies, so that we can ensure it is carried out competently and to a standard that meets the relevant regulations. If you choose to have it carried out elsewhere, please contact us to discuss the process in full as you may need our consent, depending on the repairs required.

Our experienced tradesmen have put together a series of handy how to guides explaining how to carry out simple repairs in your home. To see them, please click on the following link:

Making a payment

You are required to pay for the work in advance, unless it affects your health and safety. If you pay in advance, you won’t be charged an administration fee. You can pay by:

Debit/credit card – in our office or over the phone.

Post office – by cash, cheque or card.

PayPoint outlet – by cash or debit card using your rent payment card.

Cheque – made payable to Greenfields Community Housing. Please write your rent reference number and address on the back.

Payments made for our Handyperson Service will show on your statements as “AllPay”.

Get cover

We highly recommend that you take out home contents insurance, to prevent loss or damage to your belongings. My Home Contents Insurance offers discounted premiums for tenants.

You will not have to pay any excess charges and you may be able to claim back the costs of repairs that are your responsibility, including rechargeable repairs.

Find out more by getting in touch with My Home Content Insurance through the details below:
Call: 0345 450 7288
Visit the website by clicking this link:


Supporting documents

Click below to download helpful information about repairs to your home:

Contact us

Contact the Greenfields team on the information below:

My Greenfields

Visit My Greenfields

Email us

Text us

07860 024511

Connect with us

Call us on 0800 970 6050 or 01376 535400, or visit our social media pages by clicking on the buttons below.

What is a Community Gateway Association?

We give our residents the chance to be actively involved with Greenfields and have a say on how things are done. We provide additional opportunities and resources to our residents, beyond the development and maintenance of their homes. Click the button below to learn more.

My Greenfields

If you’re a Greenfields resident, you can pay your rent or report a repair by logging into your online account here. Click below.

My Greenfields

Our customer service team

Our customer service centre is open 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday, for all enquires. Click the button below to get in touch.

Customer service

Latest news

Learn about the latest from Greenfields and what’s happening in your community. Click below to find out about our latest news and events.

Latest news

Make a Stand