Repairs that you could be charged for
You are responsible for keeping your home in good repair, good decorative order and clean inside. This means paying for or rectifying damage other than that caused by normal “wear and tear”.
How does it work?
We will discuss any recharges with you before beginning work.
Examples of rechargeable repairs are
- If you report an electrical repair that our electrician determines was needed as a result of a defective appliance in your home.
- If you report a drainage problem and the blockage is the result of something that you or any visitors have done. For example, hair in the bath or sink waste; excessive toilet paper, wipes, fat and other materials being flushed or poured down the waste pipe or drain
- If you are locked out of your home for any reason and need us to help you gain entry
- If external drainage gullies become blocked (e.g. by leaves and food waste) and need to be cleared
- Nicotine-stained electrical fittings
- Damaged floor covering supplied by us
- Reinstating walls and ceiling finishes to a standard acceptable to us.
We recommend that you allow us to carry out the work, as opposed to other companies, so that we can ensure it is carried out competently and to a standard that meets the relevant regulations. If you choose to have it carried out elsewhere, please contact us to discuss the process in full as you may need our consent, depending on the repairs required.
Our experienced tradesmen have put together a series of hand how to guides explaining how to carry out simple repairs in your home. To see them, please click on the following link: https://www.greenfieldsch.org.uk/you-and-your-home/repairs/repair-your-home-video-guide
Making a payment
You are required to pay for the work in advance, unless it affects your health and safety. If you pay in advance, you won’t be charged an administration fee. You can pay by:
Debit/credit card – in our office or over the phone.
Post office – by cash, cheque or card.
PayPoint outlet – by cash or debit card using your rent payment card.
Cheque – made payable to Greenfields Community Housing. Please write your rent reference number and address on the back.
Click below to download helpful information about repairs to your home:
Contact the Greenfields team on the information below:
Connect with us
Call us on 0800 970 6050 or 01376 535400, or visit our social media pages by clicking on the buttons below.
What is a Community Gateway Association?
We give our residents the chance to be actively involved with Greenfields and have a say on how things are done. We provide additional opportunities and resources to our residents, beyond the development and maintenance of their homes. Click the button below to learn more.
[logoshowcase center_mode=”true” slides_column=”4″]