There are other services available for people in the Braintree district to give you a little help and support in different areas.
There is help available in the following areas:
- Open Bereavement Support Groups – mutual support for all adults over 18-years-old. Click the following link for more information: Farleigh Hospice bereavement support
Impartial advice services
- Braintree Advice Service Partnership – easy access to a variety of free and impartial advice services
- Connect Well – online directory of a wide range of services in Essex. Click the following link for more information: Essex Connects website
Older people and carers
- Community Agents Essex – supporting older people and informal carers. Click the following link for more information: Community Agent Essex website
Blind and partially-sighted support
- Talking News – a free weekly service providing local news for the blind and partially-sighted. Click the following link for more information: Mid Essex Talking News website
- Dyslexia Action. Visit the website here: Dyselxia Action website
- Thorpe Dyslexia Centre. Visit the website here: Thorpe Dyslexia Centre website
- British Dyslexia Association. Visit the website here: British Dyslexia Association website
The Dementia Action Alliance (DAA) aims to improve the lives of people living with dementia and their carers.
The Dementia Friends (DF) Programme is the biggest ever initiative to change people’s perception of dementia.
If you would like to take part in a free one-hour information session and become a DF, get in touch:
Call: 0800 888 6678
If you’re concerned about dementia, please call the National Dementia helpline:
Click on the link below to download helpful information on area’s of additional support we can help with:
What is a Community Gateway Association?
We give our residents the chance to be actively involved with Greenfields and have a say on how things are done. We provide additional opportunities and resources to our residents, beyond the development and maintenance of their homes. Click the button below to learn more.